Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My first Kit: German King Tiger- My Story and History. I

My first Kit: Sd.Kfz.182 King Tiger (Henschel Turret) Dragon - Nr. 6208.

Sd.Kfz.182 King Tiger(Henschel Turret)Dragon - Nr. 6208


My Story....

I chose to build as my first kit the King Tiger (Henschel Turret) manufactured by  Dragon Models Limited. The reason why I chose this kit is mainly due to one criteria in my previous post (Scale Modeling: Choosing the First Kit- General Co.. and Scale Modeling: Choosing your first kit-specific c...)- the subject itself.  I cannot explain well the reason why but I always wanted to build armored military vehicles from the start and that I liked this model the first time I saw it in the store. What I know is that I wanted to build it at 1:35 scale not only because it is the most common scale for this subject but mostly because it is big enough for me to see and handle some details on the kit. I discovered also from research that Dragon kits are known for quality and detail which works for me. I guess my bases for choosing (above) surpassed the other considerations I previously mentioned on cost (it’s more expensive than the usual kits), complexity (I was told in my local forums that the kit may be complex for a beginner especially since it has photo etched parts and requires “zimmerits” [some notes on this later]) and paint scheme (it has camouflage!).

Next:

My first Kit: German King Tiger- My Story and History II


PREVIOUS RELATED POSTS:










Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment