I've come to realize just now that I have been blogging for almost 3 years already! It started as a "bucket list" compliance (hence the name of this Blog) but has grown throughout these years as a passion which has resulted to four blogs already:
- URBI-ET-ORBI……My Bucket List Journals.- my first one "celebrating" my midlife timeline (mid life crisis?) documenting things I wanted to do in life; more of an exploration of my personal development- hence, my bucket list- one of which of course is blogging...
- ODD ORBIT: News Oddities around the World- collection of odd information I picked up from the trimedia (news papers, TV and the net) which I want to share....
- Still the Best Medicine......collection of things I find funny: jokes, audio, videos, images- anything.....and my latest....
- PhP: Philippine History in Pictures- Sharing pictures of historical figures, events and moments in Philippine history.
Of course, I am not a professional blogger in the true sense as I don't actually do this to earn money (I've earned some but of course not enough to quit my day job!) but I guess I have learned a few tricks here and there during these few years of blogging which I guess can help me level up in the next years or so.
I just want to share in this post one such invaluable resource to professional Blogging entitled "Ten Steps to Professional Blogging " by Randy Charles Morin which helped me a lot as Blogger newbie in learning more about the craft- from someone who knows NOTHING about blogging to someone who can at least properly set up a few blogs and maintain it these past years with a modest number of visitors so far.
Here are the steps on professional blogging mentioned in the article which I still refer to every time I set up a new blog or when I post entries where I still use the article's "tag code generator" under Step # 4 (Write 1+ blog entries every day).
- Determine what you want to blog about
- Register a blog with Blogger
- Create a FeedBurner account
- Write 1+ blog entries every day
- Read other blogs like yours
- Register for a del.icio.us account
- Leave 1+ comments every day
- Register for an AdSense account
- Don't give up
- Check your stats and refine
See previous related post:
Blogging for Newbies: 10 common Tips on Increasing Blog Traffic.
Blogging for Newbies: Blogging Don'ts to AVOID....